FUNCTIONAL LITERACY IN 40 HOURS
- Background: Country with level of literacy as low as 25%, Schooling costs (approx. 100 EUR p.a.) is far above the means of most Burkinabe families
- Vision: We want to erase illiteracy as much as we can in Burkina Faso and we dedicate our special support to women.
- Current success: A total of 42 CBFL centers in Burkina Faso
- Goal 2015: Annual increase of 600 participants, expanding with new learning centers to rural areas and in cooperation with Tata Consultancy Service further developing the CVFL Program to make it officially recognized by the Government
LYCÉE SCHORGE: PROVIDING CHILDREN A GOOD FUTURE BY EDUCATION
Background: Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world, with schools being in terrible condition, resulting in lack of education and an extremely low literacy rate
Vision: We want to foster education in Burkina Faso and be a state of the art example for good education. Literacy courses, library opening hours on the weekend and football tournaments, will make the school a meeting place for everyone.
Current Success: Regular computer trainings for the students were integrated in the curriculum. A school garden provides a variety of vegetables and fruits, used for the meals at school and the greatest success: high speed internet for the school.
Goal: Proportion of girls to be at least 50% and giving 350 pupils a chance to create their future and be able to support themselves and their families
EMPOWERING THE VULNERABLE TO HAVE AN INDEPENDENT LIFE
- Background: In a country with half the population under the age of 16, vulnerable and traumatized young adults such as orphans are left without any help in their transition from children to independent adults
- Vision: Enabling entrepreneurial capabilities and empowering young adults to start an independent life on their own and break the poverty cycle
- Current success: Largest care-leaver program in Ghana with 80 beneficicaries attending our weekly meetings and entrepreneurship classes
- Goal 2014: Stronger shift towards entrepreneurial activities and vocational training in new carrer & entrepreneurship center: Around 50% of the beneficiaries shall attend vocational training or start an entrpreneurial career
APICULTURE ORGANIZATION WEND-PUIRÉ
- Background: Severe poverty in Burkina Faso: 90% of the population living from subsistence agriculture
- Vision: We want to promote beekeeping as a means to improve the economic situation of the people
- Current Success: 3000 beekeepers in three apiculture centers are producing 60 tons of honey, increasing exports to West African countries (2013: 30 tons)
- GOALS 2014: Produce more than 75 tons of honey, train 500 new beekeepers and complete apiculture center in Mangodara (Laboratory and Housing)